Friday, June 24, 2011

What I thought would be a terrible Father's Day Weekend.....

Some quick past history: My dad passed away suddenly 6 months before I turned 21. It devestated me. I don't think I will ever get over it. Therefore, Father's Day Weekend, which falls 2 weeks after my daddy's bday every year, is one of my least favorite weekends. This Father's Day weekend I had two plans: Saturday - go to the Nat's game w/B-Rock on a bus from Hard Times & get shitty wasted, & Sunday (Father's Day): work for a few hours, do laundry, and cry myself into a drunken mess for one day, while still reminscing on all of the fond memories of my dad. That's not exactly how my weekend went at all....

Friday night, I thought it would be logical for B-Rock to spend the night so we could be at the bar by 10:30am for this bus to the Nats game, but that's not quite how it went down. B-Rock got wasted w/his neighborhood homies, and I hit Firehouse, Hard Times, my house, smoked, and then thought it would be a great idea to go out to Icons (this local wanna be DC club) w/my ex & 2 of his friends. I blacked out....my ex  reminded me just a few days ago of some of a couple of the events that went down that nite: I took a picutre in front of Icons when we left, on my knees, in front of his boy w/my mouth to his...well, you know, his urrreaaa! (HE HAD HIS CLOTHES ON YOU PERV, but still - sometimes, that's just how it goes down lol!) Not a good look, but ya know, alcohol makes shit happen!

The next thing I know, my roomate, C-Murder (TOTALLY not her name, but we don't have a good nick name yet, and that makes me laugh for some reason - get em girl!) is calling my name while talking on the phone to someone - it's my girl CHBizzle. It's 11am. I am not on the bus to the game that left at 10:30. I have no idea what the fuck is going on. My computer is on the floor and my USB charger is on the floor, but my computer charger is no where to be found. Well, my computer doesn't turn on unless it's charging, so I wonder how my drunk ass thought I was going to charge my phone...not that it was plugged in or anything! On a bright note, I somehow took out my contacts :) That's always a bonus!

I immediately look at C-Murder & freakout - I think Father's Day jitters set in. I started crying like a little bitch. I go downstairs, plug in my phone, and call B-Rock. I don't remember what he said, but for whatever reason, it pissed me off & I hung up. Then I called Hard Times. Bus has left, but they gave me the managers cell# & I spoke to him - he said hit him up when we got there, he would meet us & give us our tickets - score! I called CHBizzle and she was an Angel & saved the day. "I'm going to my sister's in Arlington, I can totally drive you to the game!" With a dumbfounded look on my face, I look into the phone "Are you kidding me....Nats Stadium is so much further than Arlington...are you sure that's okay?" CHBizzle, being the sweetheart she is, took us there, so we could ride the bus home, drink & have a great time. You rock CHBizzle!!!!

So B-Rock & I finally make it into DC, meet up w/the Manager from the Hard Times, get our tickets & our free beer coupon :) This pleases me. We get in the Stadium, and I go straight for the beer stand. Get my aluminum Miller & we go up to the 200 sections to sit. We sit a whole 3minutes before B-Rock is ready to get up & walk around. We spent the remainder of the game chillin at the top of the 100s section at the "patio" area, getting new beers, me smoking cigs, and just walking around & cheering on our 8 in a row winning Nats - hollar!!! We find out the bus rolls out 20minutes after the game ends. So after the game, we walk to the buses looking for Hard Times. I think we found every bus, but Hard Times at first. It was ridiculous...and it was starting to get warm out - even for my ass who likes it's 95 degrees w/100% humidity! Anyway, there was some mixup w/the bus and we had to wait about 45minutes b/c it was coming from Manassas b/c they double booked. So B-Rock & I do the only sensible thing....lay out in the middle of the sidewalk, listening to music on his phone & gettin a tan man! I had my wife beater rolled up, my short shorts just chillin & callin it a day! This Father's Day weekend was turning out to be okay so far!

Finally - the bus arrived! It was a semi tipsy trip back to Hard Times. I had to pee at one point, and damn that is a bumpy bus to be using those "on the go, in tha bus" port-a-potty things. So we finally make it home & get off the bus, determined to get a beer at Hard Times.

As soon as we get to the bar, B-Rock heads for the bathroom. I'm just standing at the bar, waiting to order a beer, when I hear my name "Trish!" I turn around and there is CHBizzle w/some older woman & I am confused....CHBizzle doesn't drink - why is she at the bar at 5pm & who the hell is this woman...OMG she turns around & my jaw hits the floor as I semi yelp "MOM!" and tears just start pouring down my face. HOLY SHIT my mom is standing in front of me. I spoke to her last night & she was at home - in Florida. I couldn't even speak - for the first time in my life, I was speechless. I just walked up & gave her a huge hug.

B-Rock came out of the bathroom, we all ordered beers & listened to the story  of how my mom got to VA & what the hell was going on!!! CHBizzle & my Mom had been planning this for a month. Everyone knew - my roommates, friends, neighbor friends...it was insanity & I can't believe they pulled one over on me. The entire weekend was one surprise, after another, after another. I was thrilled, in shock & so thankful to have the best friends & family! As we paid our tabs, we discussed dinner. CHBizzle was going home to her man BDizzle, and my Mama, B-Rock & I were going out to dinner....I thought this would be interesting - boy was in for a surprise nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment