Thursday, June 23, 2011

See... what had happened was....

I rolled over this morning and found my roommate, T, in my bed. At first this did not strike me as strange, and I simply woke her up and said she had to get up because her mum would be confused. When I made my way upstairs and greeted her mother she asked how I was, and I replied that I was confused. She asked if that might have anything to do with the fact that her daughter had slept in my bed. And I said, yes, yes, that might be it.
So what happened last night? This is what I know. There was trivia, which I didn’t show up to until a little after 9pm. It was crowded, so, as I often do, I started by finding the one well-lit section of the bar, sat down, and read my book for a while until I was prepared to face the crowd again. I’d like the record to show that I actually got one question right for the team. One. And the answer was dulcimer. Of all things to know. After trivia, the shuffleboard commenced. It was a fierce battle that I only watched from the sidelines. It’s easier to steal M’s French fries from the sidelines. At some point, beer pong was discussed, and it was deemed a brilliant idea. C went to gather the supplies, and we all reconvened at the house. Apparently there were commitment issues regarding beer pong. Epic beer pong night turned into C and I playing water pong, drinking if we felt like it. I was quite proud of my performance. Thank you, Johns Hopkins basketball team; you trained me well back in 2003. After water pong, it was time to consider sleep. B had fallen asleep in the chair, so T and I were thoughtful enough to physically transition him to the couch. We also decided that he was too warm, and tried to assist him in taking off his shirt. This effort proved to be futile. After tucking B & T in on the couch, I retired to my own room.

…………

I rolled over this morning and found my roommate, T, in my bed.

There is no way of knowing how this happened. There are worse places she could have sleep-walked to though. So it’s all gravy.

NOTE: This was actually posted by LadyJ, not Trish-a-licious. I don't know how to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment