Thursday, June 23, 2011

Geeks Who Drink Trivia night

So every Wed night, we go to the local bar Hard Times, to play Geeks who Drink trivia. We aren't good at all. As a matter of fact, we totally suck, no matter how many people we have on our team. But we do have the best team name: C2H5OH - that's the chemical compound of grain alcohol - I will give the credit to B, for coming up w/the team name.

Each week, B & I pre-game at my crazy house and make dinner....we somehow think crushin a 6 pack before random ass trivia, makes us smarter...if we ever win, I will begin to believe that shit! Last nite was no different, except my mom was in town for my bday surprise visit. She had dinner w/us, but didn't pre-game. I'm pretty sure B & I drank enough for at least 5 people anyway!

Trivia was the same as usual - we lost badly. But we had at least 5 pitchers, and then switched to 22oz Miller's once we started Shuffle Board. Man did B & I whoop C & M's ass the first round. They came back round two, but you know we held it down for C2H5OH - we can win something!! So for this week, we're the shuffle board champs.

The walk home was interesting....apparently I am NOT good at getting piggy back rides. B continuously told me I needed to wrap my arms around his neck and choke him - like choke him lol. I for some reason, thought grabbing his shoulders was sufficient enough - I was 1.2 seconds away from falling off his back onto my back - it was not a good look, so I just walked...well, I stumbled a little bit.

So when we got home, first thing's first - cold beers! After that, much of the night is a blur. I recall L & C coming home at some point, and I know L stayed w/us in the living room. B passed out on the oversized chair w/me sprawled across him. That's the advantage of him passing out - I can lay across him if I wanted & he doesn't have a clue....I mean hell, we painted his toes Saturday night hot pink - that's another story though :) When the time finally came where I agreed w/myself I was too drunk for another beer, it was time to pass out. L & I spent a good 10 minutes trying to pull B off of the chair so he could lay on the couch. We were pulling, tugging, pushing - he would just partially open his eyes, smile & chuckle, then pass back out. It was amusing. Finally we resorted to L & I picking up a 210 pound, 6 foot tall man by his underarms, and pretty much dragging him to the couch. I laid down too, L tucked us in w/my leopard print blanket & from what L has told me, I mumbled something about being pissed I didn't get laid. DAMN ALCOHOL.

I woke this morning to L shaking me as I freaked out to what time it was. I looked around & didn't recognize where I was as the living room.....shit that's b/c it wasn't. I was in L's bed w/her, not on the couch w/B.....L, B & I have no idea how or when that happened. Damn I get around in my house, I really get around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment